Marzia

How to Apply

Founder

Hello to all LOLstaff prospects! Before you apply you need to know a few information.

1. We are a group of volunteers, we don't do scanlation for money and we will keep it that way. No salary, it's not an online job. So, if you're applying because of such thoughts, even though as much as we want you to apply.. I would highly suggest that you don't.

2. After getting in-terms with #1 and would still want to apply and join the fun of scanlation... please, make sure that you have any ftp client (Filezilla , FireFTP, WinSCP; there's a guide on how to use this clients in our staff forum, you'll gain complete access after becoming full staff. ) So that you can get access to "behind-the-scenes" of our projects.

3. To take the test, go to the specified sub-forum application position you wish to apply for. There, you'll see a download link for you, containing the test which is in .rar or .zip so make sure you can unzip .rar or .zip

4. After finishing the test, please e-mail it to lolscanlation@gmail.com with the following title format:
Username_[Position]_Country/Timezone
ex: Marzia_QC_GMT+00 ; Marzia_QC_Antartica

5. Please be willing to join our group in discord: https://discord.me/lolscans

6. We have just migrated to discord and will be using it as our platform of communication!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Information:
For Translators, Proofreaders, Cleaners and Typesetters... experience is not required. We also welcome those who wants to help even though it's their first time and have no clue about scanlation, we will be more than willing to teach and guide you! But first, please try the test provided, just indicate in your mail that you're applying as "Apprentice" so we can asses your situation.

Q: How to apply if you're an experienced scanlator and do not wish to take the test?

A: All you have to do is e-mail us with links to projects you've worked with and a download link of one chapter (the chapter should be a released chapter, we do not wish to get any issues with other groups.) Or you can post those links in the specified sub-forum application position.

Q: Who is excluded?
A: Those who wishes to apply for the Quality Checker position
*Quality Checkers applicants, if you wish to apply for the position you'll have to take the tests from Proofreader-Cleaner-Typesetter ; so you'll be attaching 3 separate tests in the e-mail application.

*Note: After sending your application, please take note that it will take us 3 days at max to respond to you, so please be patient.. however, if after those days you still haven't gotten a response from us, please make a post in the thread of the position you are applying for. smiley.png

And lastly, our group is aiming for weekly releases as much as possible, but we will never release low quality scans. With all that said, happy-application and good luck! smiley.png

• Upvote 3

Hello,

I'm not sure i'll apply ( because i already haven't had enough time for my 2 courses) but maybe after them, in around 1,5/2 years  so i was searching a bit about ftp client.

I'm still in my parents home and so no personal computer, so it's on the family on, a Mac.

Is CyberDuck a good ftp client for Mac? ( i'm thinking of buying a personal computer and i hesitate between a windows p.c and a Mac .... but i'll buy it in 1year-)  so if i have time before that and i want to apply, i want to know every options i can have 

Founder
3 hours ago, YoruNoTsuki said:

Hello,

I'm not sure i'll apply ( because i already haven't had enough time for my 2 courses) but maybe after them, in around 1,5/2 years  so i was searching a bit about ftp client.

I'm still in my parents home and so no personal computer, so it's on the family on, a Mac.

Is CyberDuck a good ftp client for Mac? ( i'm thinking of buying a personal computer and i hesitate between a windows p.c and a Mac .... but i'll buy it in 1year-)  so if i have time before that and i want to apply, i want to know every options i can have 

cyberduck is indeed a good ftp for mac users... but, I still prefer filezilla and I am not a mac user lol

the only reason I know about cyberduck is because I've used it back then in school, our school uses mac and we also used ftp...  

Typesetter

Are you guys still using Slack, or did you move to Discord?

• Upvote 1

Founder

@SolarGlitch we use both, discord is for public and slack is for staff works ^^

Typesetter
6 hours ago, Marzia said:

@SolarGlitch we use both, discord is for public and slack is for staff works ^^

Okay but couldn't you make a #staff channel? 

Retired
14 hours ago, SolarGlitch said:

Okay but couldn't you make a #staff channel? 

we have that too, don't worry. No lack of ways of communication eheheheh!  

Founder

slack has the project chat. compared to discord, slack is made easier to add people in private chats specifically per project allowing everyone update and ask question with their team mates. We tried the same method in discord which only failed, since not only would there be a ton of channels the grouping made it icky. Hence, the slack is mostly used for staff related chats, though there is a general chat in slack so old members and new members can bond and get to know each other well. Discord is what we use in order to let the public meet us.

Founder

New information added. How to apply is now updated! c:

I want to apply as translator, but I don't know what to do. I already opened the test, but I still don't know where to put my translations. :confused-onion-head-emoticon: (It's my first time)

QC

Hello Mi-chan!

Put all of your translations in a separate word document.

It should look something like this:

Character A: Here is some text!

Character A: Same person is still talking, but in a separate bubble. A new bubble means a new line in the document.

SFX: this is a sound effect 

Character B: Now character B is speaking.

Good luck on your test and looking forward to your application!