Tetsuu

The Long Awaited Slumber

Typesetter

Time was moving forward, cruelly. The cold wind left me chilling as it passed by. It was midnight and time for me to wander to the park in search of a comfy bench to lay down on. The streets started to get colder, sometimes I wished to just stay there and succumb to the cold. And maybe, that wouldn't have been so bad. Maybe...

Why not just do so? It's already been 7 years since then. Even when I'm used to this, I'm tired. And I want to rest, in peace. Exhausted. Far too much to care anymore. Far too much to hope for a miracle anymore.

I go back to where I was. And lay on the chilling sidewalk with my arm being the only thing able to support my head. I felt the cold get to me. I felt something reaching to my throat, a feeling similar to being strangled, but more merciful. 

"Oh, am I dying already? No, dying should be more extreme than this. Ah, I feel relieved somewhat. No more struggling through every day just to find something to eat, so that I could breathe for one more day. One more day of what? Not much of value, just another day of misery. I feel like a worker finally getting a day off. Ah, now I think I understand how dad felt like before our last trip." 

I felt like my whole body going numb. I felt, nothing. My eyes began to waver, I felt comfy, more than what I ever was when I stayed on the hot streets during the day or the cold benches during the night.

"Can I finally take a nice long, peaceful nap? Maybe. For some reason, I am sure of it. 
Ah, finally, a good night's sleep."