Tetsuu

The Embodiment of Grief

Typesetter

On that night he walked alone. With no destination in mind, betrayed by the world for the last time, he halted his time and sat in a dark empty corner which had been long since abandoned and now it’s filled with complete nothingness. As he retired to the floor, curled in the fetal position, he thought, “Did I simply want to be loved? Was that the only thing I ever actually desired? All this time I thought I could have lived without it but, it was nothing other than an illusion. In the end it was that feeling that I wanted to experience the most.

However, they forsake me. In spite of all that I did for them, they never saw me as a person of their own, did they?” And then, those words came to him, “To live is to suffer." He told himself constantly while drowning in an ocean of anger and despair. “But can I do anything anymore? I realized this after such a time when I wouldn’t be able to turn it to the way it should be. What will happen to me now? I wonder. Will, I ever find my salvation, or will I live here for the rest of my life, hidden and slowly rotting away?”

He kept shivering in fear. At that moment he remembered the last words his mother had left for him before disappearing, “If only you never existed, if only you disappeared, none of my misery would have taken place.” As those words rang in his head he thought, “I really was beaten up good by the people I loved the most.” A madman’s laugh could be heard from a distance. It was none other than the boy himself. A foolish begging young one succumbed to despair. Lost all hope for anyone and everyone, he said, “If the world will never accept me, then I'll simply destroy it. All losses in this world are due to a lack of ability. If I'm to enter that wicked world again, I'll become strong, strong enough to exact revenge on each and every one who betrayed. If my fate is to die, I’ll die in style. Only by placing the whole world in a state of terror, I’ll rest in peace.”

Completely immersed in a swamp of tragedy, he moved forward.

He was beautiful in that struggling state. Enough to bend the world to its knees.

• Upvote 1

QC

Woah, lots of things happening here. Quite an unexpected ending. I'd have thought the boy would just go with ending his own life, but that would be too cliched and judging from what I know about you, that would have been boring 😂. Clever. My favourite part was the very last line.

since abandoned and now it’s filled with complete nothingness

Just one of the things I noticed was inconsistency caused by the change of the tense from past to present in the same sentence.

Write on!