Hello to all LOLstaff prospects! Before you apply you need to know a few information.
1. We are a group of volunteers, we don't do scanlation for money and we will keep it that way. No salary, it's not an online job. So, if you're applying because of such thoughts, even though as much as we want you to apply... I would highly suggest that you don't.
2. After getting in-terms with #1 and would still want to apply and join the fun of scanlation... please, make sure that you have an ftp client (Filezilla, FireFTP, WinSCP; there's a guide on how to use these clients in our staff forum, you'll gain complete access after becoming full staff. ) So that you can get access to "behind-the-scenes" of our projects.
3. To take the test, go to the specified sub-forum application position you wish to apply for. There, you'll see a download link for you, containing the test which is in .rar or .zip so make sure you can unzip .rar or .zip
4. After finishing the test, please e-mail it to [email protected]
with the following title format:
ex: Marzia_QC_GMT+00 ; Marzia_QC_Antartica
5. Please be willing to join our group in discord: https://discord.me/lolscans or https://discord.gg/sNmGBa7
6. We have just migrated to discord and will be using it as our platform of communication!
For Translators, Proofreaders, Cleaners, and Typesetters... experience is not required. We also welcome those who want to help even though it's their first time and have no clue about scanlation, we will be more than willing to teach and guide you! But first, please try the test provided, just indicate in your mail that you're applying as "Apprentice" so we can asses your situation.
Q: How to apply if you're an experienced scanlator and do not wish to take the test?
A: As of today until the unforeseeable future, taking our test will be mandatory. Providing links to published chapters you've worked on won't be accepted anymore. So, if you'd like to join us or wish to help us, please take the test. ^^
Important: To those who wish to apply for the Quality Checker position
Quality Checkers applicants, if you wish to apply for this position, you'll have to take the tests from Proofreader-Cleaner-Typesetter; so you'll be attaching 3 separate tests in the e-mail application.
Note that you may choose one between the colored/webtoon and B&W Cleaner test, or do both. ^^
*Note: After sending your application, please take note that it will take us 3 days at max to respond to you, so please be patient.. however, if after those days you still haven't gotten a response from us, please make a post in the thread of the position you are applying for.
If you feel like your application has been neglected, join our discord server and poke a server admin in there.
And lastly, our group is aiming for weekly releases as much as possible (though, we are failing miserably on this schedule due to real life), but we will never release low-quality scans. With all that said, happy-application and good luck!